In this course the students will learn the more advanced programming skills and techniques that they can use to optimize their Windows Store app and differentiate their app from other apps in the Windows Store. These advanced skills and techniques include a combination of both design and development skills. The students will also learn about supporting the apps that they have published to the Windows Store.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1 or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment.
Voor deze cursus heeft de cursist de volgende voorkennis nodig:
Module 1: Windows Store App Essentials
This moduledescribes the essential Windows Store app features.
- Review of Windows Store App Essentials - Presentation
- Review of Windows Store App Essentials and the Windows 8 Ecosystem
- Describebasic WindowsStore app concepts related to the app presentation.
- Describebasic WindowsStore app concepts related to integration with the Windows 8 ecosystem.
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions
- Using Animation
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
- Creating Animations in a WindowsStore App
- Creating Transitions and Transformations in a WindowsStore App
- Describethe built-in WinJS animation library and CSS animations.
- Apply transitions and transformations.
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization
This module explains how to localize the WindowsStore application User Interface.
- Working with Resource Files
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
- Create and Consume Resource Files
- Apply Culture-Specific Formatting
- Create and consume localized resources.
- Apply language-specific formatting for a multi-lingual application.
Module 4: Branding and a Seamless User Interface
This module explains how to brand WindowsStore app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Branding the User Interface
- Create a Customized Splash Screen
- Branding a WindowsStore App
- Create and present a splash screen.
- DifferentiateWindows Store apps by branding.
- WindowsStore App Storage Options
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
- Cache Data
- Describethe storage mechanisms available to WindowsStore apps.
- Describecaching strategies.
- Describe advanced file access options.
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components
This module explains how to create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Creating Custom Controls
- Extending Existing Controls
- Consuming WinMD Components
- Create and Use a Custom Control
- Consume a WinMD Component
- Create reusable custom controls.
- Create and extend templated controls.
- Consume a WinMD component.
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
This module explains how to implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- The Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
- Print a single page
- Print multiple pages
- Print by using the print contact.
- Describethe Play To API.
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
This module explains how to work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- The Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Communicating with the Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Manage a Windows Notification Service (WNS) Channel
- Describe the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- Work with push notifications.
Module 9: Capturing Media
This module explains how to capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Videos or Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
- Capture video using the CameraCaptureUI API
- Capture image using the MediaCapture API
- Use the CameraCaptureUI API.
- Use the MediaCapture API.
Module 10: Background Tasks
This module explains how to create and consume background tasks.
- Creating Background Tasks
- Consuming Background Tasks in a WindowsStore App
- Create and Consume a Background Task
- Consume a Background Task
- Create background tasks.
- Consume background tasks.
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices
This module explains howto discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
- Use the orientation sensor
- Use location services
- Discover sensors, test their availability, and handle sensor events.
- Discover device availability, enumerate devices and their capabilities and properties, and use them.
Module 12: Generating Revenue with your App
This module explains how implement trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a WindowsStore App
- Implement In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a WindowsStore App
- Use Windows.Store Classes to Support Trial App Conversion
- Implement In-App Purchasing in an App
- Implement trial functionality and transition to a full license.
- Implement in-app purchases.
- Implement advertising functionality.
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data
This module explains how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in WindowsStore apps.
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in WindowsStore Apps
- Encrypt User Information
- Use ACS Authentication
- Authenticate using Windows Live Authentication.
- Authenticate using web authentication protocols.
- Encrypt data.
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
This module explains how to diagnose problems and monitor Windows Store app behavior by using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
- Tracing a WindowsStore App
- Profiling a WindowsStore App
- Tracea WindowsStore app.
- Profilea WindowsStore app
- Add animations and transitions in a Windows Storeapp to improve the user experience.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI.
- Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- Capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in WindowsStore apps.
- Diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs